Many people browse continuously and they always need a backup source to find the recent tabs. The world’s best search engine saves this for your very useful information. If your web activity is turned on, all those searches which are made using your google account will be recorded and saved. But you need not worry about privacy. This setup is more secured as your mail ID. Google customers may use a new setting to have their web and application activity deleted automatically or you can do it manually. With this new feature you can even pause your search recordings. Google allows the customers to control the recording of some activity on the ‘My Activity’ management page.
What things get recorded?
If you login through your account and start searching everything will be recorded. Your normal searches include youtube history, play store searches, web and app, voice and Audio, location, device activity and information. This web and app activity data is recorded when Google customers use services such as Maps, Google searches and Google play. This web and activity is the key source through which Google gets to know about your information.
In this article I am going to explain about enabling and disabling the recording feature. Most of the people don’t want this information technology and most people want this to recover any old information that is needed for any instance. Below steps can be employed on an android device, computer, iphone and ipad.
For Android phone/Tablet:
You can employ these steps to prevent your records in your handheld device.
- On your android phone or tablet, open device settings app and navigate to Google and to Google account.
- Tap data and personalization.
- Under ‘Activity controls’, tap web and app activity.
- Turn web and app activity on (if you want to record your searches) or turn it off (if you don’t want to record your searches).
- If your web and app activity is on- You can check the box next to chrome history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services. When you check, you can control whether app activity from your device is saved. You can even manage your voice and audio recordings here.
You can even delete or save your search history anytime you want.
If you are using a separate account for your computer then you have to do this settings on your computer to stop or ini are this recording feature.
- On your computer, visit the Activity controls page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google account.
- Turn web and app activity on (if you want to record your searches) or tap off (if you don’t want to record your searches).
- When web and app activity on- you can check the box next to include chrome history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services. You can even manage your voice and audio recordings here.
Similarly you can also delete or save your search history as in android phone.
For iPhone and iPad
In case if you are using an iphone or ipad follow these instructions to enable or disable web and app activity.
- On your iPhone or iPad visit the activity controls page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google account.
- Turn web and app activity on (if you want to record your searches) or tap it off (if you don’t want to record your searches).
- You can even customize your audio and voice recordings in these settings.
Some browsers have more settings that affect the activity. Some devices have other settings to do it but most settings obey this set up.
How to delete history on your device?
If you want to remove all the search histories from your account, you can do it by clearing history.
- On your handheld device,open the Google app.
- Tap search bar and navigate to view all.
- Find a clear option and clear on-device history.
How web and activity works when you’re signed out?
Your search and ad results may be customized using search-related activity even if you are signed out. If you don’t want this feature, you can turn off this kind of search and browse privately.
Recording your histories can help you in any time but for privacy reasons, this setting is not preferred usually. It is always better to record or having a backup source is better which I have experienced personally. Hope this article helps you. If you have any further doubts ask me in the comment section.